Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Summer Bummer

AND...breathe.

August is here. Oh my dear goodness day, when did THAT happen? July was a whirlwind month for me Italy, Laguna,Life, D, Q A, R, etc...., probably the busiest month I've ever had in my life.

It all started with June and Laguna and ended with Italy and a random Wedding in Alice....Texas......

I brought a boy to Palm Springs to meet my Mom. A boy that I thought I liked a lot. Once again...wrong. He said something about a good friend of mine within hours of us arriving, and just like that, it was over for me. Drunk or not, it's no excuse. Any respect I may have had for you? Instantly non-existent. Yes, just like that.

Needless to say, I spent the night ignoring him, and yes, I know that it was not the most mature choice, but I did not want to cause a scene and/or drama, so being civil to him was my method of dealing.

Also, before you say I'm a bitch for bringing him with me and consequently ignoring him, he had a past ge forgot to mention.....

Moving along,I went to Italy with AK..... Four days of boozing and dancing and ogling not cute boys. Throw in the fact that i was sorta single, and let's just say that a good time was had. A really good time for a bit.
Then reality hit and we came home......
I came home to see R and we embarked on a wedding and I attended a party to celebrate birthdays of out-of-town guests.....and then the big day was upon us. It went by in such a blur. Just like that. The day was magical...a stunning bride, a handsome groom, a pretty spiffy bridal party, and a sweet little church..... One of the groomsmen said that even he, a big, burly guy, was reduced to soundtrack love songs playing in his head as the entire crowd oohed and aahed at the sparkles above.

The party lasted until the wee hours of the morning, I had to leave early for bed bc of too much Pinot Noir but was told that even the bride and groom were among the last guests to leave. Another fantastic day......
All in all, pretty fantastic this and last month. I'm sad that Italy is over and the wedding is over and that there is not really a big event for all of us to look forward to now. Yet, at the same time, I am looking forward to having some much needed relaxation and time for myself and my friends. I plan on enjoying this last month of summer, right down to the very last drop of sunshine. Ha~ I am here in Laguna, lol....