Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer 3

I’ve been raised my whole life to believe I can do anything. Girl power to the max! But just because you CAN do it all, doesn’t mean you SHOULD. I think this is especially hard for moms to grasp. Saying yes to everything is a guaranteed fast track to burnout. And believe me, there have been plenty of times where I’ve been on the verge of burnout. So here are my 3 words that I’m focusing on this summer and what a great time to write about this since it just started!Realistically I’ll give myself a B- to a C+ on all these efforts. I know, I’m a work in progress. Trust me.

My 3 words for 2011 are FOCUS, CONTENT, and FAMILY.....I want to focus on the projects and things that really matter, from my own wellness and fitness to my family and projects that are really worth my while, and not be so scattered all over the dang place which is easy to do when you love the social media like I do and you are a tad ADHD. Time management is a big challenge for me.I want to be content. Unfortunately I am not always one to be satisfied just “being” and “enjoying” the now. I’m a go, go, go girl and while that’s a good thing, it’s all about balance. I don’t want to overlook the beauty of today while daydreaming tomorrow. I want to enjoy the here and now. I want to live in the moment!I want to enjoy my family. Time is flying by so quickly. My “baby” is now 2!!!!! My husband is truly my friend but lately we have become too overwhelmed with "stuff" remember who “we” really are, minus all the life stuff.