Monday, April 16, 2012

I trust.....


I've placed trust in others. I've misplaced it. I've been trusted. I've been untrustworthy. People let you down, sometimes when you least expect it. They do all sorts of shit, for all sorts of complicated reasons. You forgive, forget, move forward. Sometimes, you just move on.I will be hurt again. Such is life.
But,
I trust that...
...my inner voice knows what it's talking about, when I choose to listen to it.
...I will know when to draw the line.
...I will have the support of family and friends to see me through.
...even though it hurts, I'll recover.
It seems a lot of people are on a quest for happiness, trying to think themselves there, trying to attain it as though it was some grand state of being.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that happiness is an emotion, like any other...like sadness, or anger. It is not an end goal, but is found in moments.

Happiness comes and goes.
Happiness. Sadness.
"This too shall pass."

So...my thought is...
Enjoy it while you can.
Recognize it.
Cultivate it, even.

It's in the little things...
...kind words.
...when I get it right.
...warm thoughts remembered.