Friday, May 18, 2012

Life, please slow down....

Life has been moving so quickly lately. A couple of days ago I drove by SMU. Classes were finishing for the day, and the sidewalks were busy with mostly fresh-faced students. It was in the middle of the campus that I had 'a moment.'

In the blink of an eye, it seemed, I was 32 What happened to my 20s and my teens? The college days? Where did they go?!

I'm not lamenting a lost decade, nothing like that. I have truly enjoyed almost every single moment in time. Lots of great memories. I don't wish to go back to them. I really like the 32 year old me me. A little more life experience under my belt. I'm more comfortable in my skin, and I'm having a ball! Seriously I am doing things I never imagined or ever thought I'd even want to do. I have met amazing new people and have made another set of friends I will have for a lifetime. But, every once in awhile they happen, the moments that make real the quick passing of time. Things that seem to have happened just yesterday, as I am recounting a story, actually happened more than a decade ago. I find myself saying, more and more, "That seems impossible."

I can remember, in my 20s, older people telling me/us to enjoy the time, for all it was worth, because it goes by so quickly. We shrugged it off. We had all the time in the world. Now, I see, I feel what they meant. I know it, from my own experience, to be true. The days, they pass by so fast. I only know that I want to be able to look back, another decade from now, and be able to say that, all in all, it was time well spent and I loved every moment of it! Just my thoughts! Live it up......Life passes so quickly~Do what makes you happy and enjoy everything..............Good and bad!