Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Am I really in my third decade?

This is one of those weeks that it takes everything I have to be very intentional about my day, making sure I balance the work with the play. Errands. Broken dishwasher. Man, did i underestimate the time a dishwasher saves me.
A husband gone for work 24/7 5 days a week so that I can stay home with Scout. Time with friends. Time to sit on the floor and put puzzles together.
Honestly, it is weeks like this that i want to bury my face in my pillow and sleep all day!
I want everything done, but i can't believe that it is ME that is supposed to do it.
I am a procrastinator by nature. I think i'm probably sloppy by nature.
and a lot of times, i'd love someone else to do the hard work for me. Then I remember i'm grown up. When did this happen?
Although I still love some appreciation, I'm doing it. I am being a grown up.
Sometimes I let Scout have blueberries and peanut butter for breakfast, lunch,
and dinner. He loves to around the dressing room angering others,
carry plastic bottles of water, spilling as he goes (it does not stain.)
At the end of the night I put the little guy to bed, enjoy a glass of wine and Nancy Grace and I am proud & excited about my life and my job as Scouts Mom and Rogers wife. I kinda like this grown up gig!