Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh, this do I really know?

Ok, I admit it. I haven’t been one to really jump on board with daily affirmations and I’m not sure why. I’ve tried them over the years and really believe in their power to transform and create your intention…. but…. I always seem to fall off with them after a few days. I know it does take about a month or two (for me) to create a habit that will stick but sometimes it’s a challenge to stay committed to a new practice when life gets in the way. Now this is where I intend to change. Life is what I make it…this I know, so how could things be getting in the way? I let them. I allow myself to choose to let “life” get in the way of doing the things I intend for myself. I am working through why that is and has been while simultaneously working to make sure I create the life through my choices and being aware that everything I think, say, and do matters. So today I have committed to myself to start creating my own affirmations each day to make my daily intention known to myself and to the Universe. I am writing these in my funky journal after I finish my daily writing and intend to visit them at the end of my day once again. I am moving towards a daily practice, cross my fingers:) There are so many great websites for creating affirmations and amazing books to learn the process. For me, my affirmations must be statements I truly can believe, envision, and look in the mirror to say. All of my affirmations begin with “I am” and when I say them out loud, I feel empowered. I found most of the following online but they will be my firsts :)

  1. I will be enthusiastic and full of energy.
  2. I will find something I can do today to bring me closer to me
  3. I will keep my dream alive, no matter what. I will not let anyone discourage me.
  4. I will accept what I cannot change.
  5. I will make someone smile unexpectedly today.
  6. I will make myself smile today.
  7. I will give everything I do my best effort.
  8. I will trust my instincts and follow my heart.
  9. I will live what I love.