Monday, March 17, 2014

BE.HERE.NOW


I’ve been running a lot these past few months. Well…a lot for me....My goal for 2014 is to run my first FULL marathon and actually finish it within the allotted time, this WILL happen.  Running is my escape.  It’s also been giving me a lot of time to think.  Sometimes I think too much........Ups and downs are a part of life, particularly part of my life, and what I need to do is learn to appreciate this and understand that not everything is PERFECT everyday.  I have been very lucky in my life, and have been blessed with ALMOST everything I have ever wanted.  I have been "on my own" but not completely.  I think my current journey may be the closest I have ever really been to being truly "on my own" with regard to responsibility.  This scares me from time to time.  I have my ups and I have my downs.  Hills and valleys. It’s what the human experience is all about. This brings me back to running.....Here is what I love most about running, running is about the moment.  It doesn’t matter what happened earlier or who said XYZ yesterday,  it’s over now, nothing can change it.   Tomorrow  hasn’t happened yet, there’s no point stressing about it. All I have is the run that I’m in…good or bad. Just like all we have is the moment that we’re in. Today. Here and now. Yesterday is over, and tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.  Running is SO much like life, we just have to make the most of what we’ve got, here and now.