Friday, March 14, 2014

Seven things to say to Scout.....

This is the longest amount of time I have been away from you, since you made your debut into this wild world.  WOW!  I miss you, but am SO proud and happy about your awesome personality and ability to appreciate life and fit in wherever you go.  I know you are safe and loved right now, yet I am still thinking about how much you mean and how much you have to learn.  I have 7/SEVEN things I feel like I need to share with you..... 



1. When I look at you I see my heart.
I never imagined I had this much love to give until I had you.   
I never thought I could possibly have any more to give until I held you . You have taught me that my heart and my love has no max capacity.... it grows and grows and grows.
2.. Play. Draw. Paint. 
Create.Creating art should be a constant in your life.  It is insight for your ever-moving journey.  If you’re doing it right – I expect the messes you make daily....I yell, or lose my cool, but deep down, I LOVE IT!!!  Go ahead, experiment, find YOU!
3. On the other hand, there are rules that need to BE obeyed.  PLEASE be RESPECTFUL.  I realize boys will be boys, lets meet in the middle. RESPECT
4. Take your time getting to know your inner genius.
There is a competitiveness that seems to have taken hold of kids and more often, their parents?!?!!!!  The pressure to learn faster, quicker, better is BS!   Never fall prey to it.   Learning takes time and everyone does it at their own pace, in their own time.....You will figure it out, Im 33 and I still have NOT gotten this 100%.
5.. Explore the outdoors.
Get outside as much as possible.  Video games are for airplanes and long car rides.....Lets get MORE fresh air and LOVE our planet.  We shall play tag.  Ride bikes (more often).  Skip.  Hop.  Jump.  Run.  Climb.  MORE!!!!!!
6. It’s okay to cry.
Crying it COOL, it helps us to understand who we really are and what really matters.   We all do it. Boys cry.  Girls cry.  Babies cry. Even our dogs cry.  It is ok.  Embrace this.

7. Remind yourself daily, as I will, that you are a PRECIOUS, SPECIAL, AMAZING, gift from the stars.....I am SO lucky to be your Mom and I want you to know that, and remember it daily....


I LOVE you SO much little buddy, you are SO perfect to me, I am blessed and thankful to be your MOMMA :)