Monday, February 3, 2014

SORRY or HAPPY?



adjective, sor·ri·er, sor·ri·est.
1.
feeling regret, compunction, sympathy, pity, etc.: to be sorry to leave one's friends; to be sorry for aremark; to be sorry for someone in trouble.


"I'm SO sorry" from time to time I really am.  More often than NOT "sorry" is an automatic response when I have upset someone, raised an eyebrow, questioned a decision.  But what makes "sorry" genuine?  I wish I knew.  I have multiple regrets and often feel bad about things I have done, but am I really SORRY? I wonder if I proclaim this to keep others happy?  But am I happy?  How can I be happy without being sorry?  I wish I had the answer to that.
Happiness comes from within.  No one can make me genuinely happy. How about genuinely sorry?  I can experience  happiness with another person, but they can’t make me happy.  And if I am sad or mad or angry or anxious or pissy it’s because I choose to be.  No one can make me angry.  But can anyone really make you sorry?  I make the choice to react to a fact or situation with anger.  Now, there’s nothing wrong with anger, unless I unleash it on someone else, but emotions of all flavors and forms are at their best when we take responsibility for them, observe them, feel them.  And then release them.    I feel like releasing SO many of these lately.  I must remember to make them mine and direct them rightfully.....